NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - The new TV series "Sleepy Hollow" made its debut Monday night on WCTI's sister station, FOX Eastern Carolina. Parts of the series were shot in Eastern Carolina.
Tryon Palace and Cedar Grove Cemetery in New Bern were used as shooting locations for the series. It was first time Tryon Palace has been used for a major film production. The Sherwood Motel in Havelock was also used.
"A lot of people may be familiar with the legend of sleepy hollow and the headless horseman," Mark Groffman, Executive producer, said. "We have basically taken the main character which is Ichabod Crane and put him in present day."
"Sleepy Hollow" is a mystery-adventure action series. It airs on FOX Eastern Carolina Mondays at 9 p.m.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings