CRAVEN COUNTY - A highway wreck left six people, including three children, injured today in Craven County
It happened about 5 p. m. near the intersection of River Rd., that's in the area of the Weyerhaeuser facility. The on-scene trooper says two cars were traveling north on Highway 43. That's when 33-year-old Cheron Shird who was in the far right lane made an unexpected U-Turn. That's when the collision took place.
Four people, were in the car with Shird, including two children and a pregnant woman. Everyone was either taken to Vidant Medical Center or Carolina East Hospital with minor injuries.
Shird was cited for unsafe movement.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica