CRAVEN COUNTY - A highway wreck left six people, including three children, injured today in Craven County
It happened about 5 p. m. near the intersection of River Rd., that's in the area of the Weyerhaeuser facility. The on-scene trooper says two cars were traveling north on Highway 43. That's when 33-year-old Cheron Shird who was in the far right lane made an unexpected U-Turn. That's when the collision took place.
Four people, were in the car with Shird, including two children and a pregnant woman. Everyone was either taken to Vidant Medical Center or Carolina East Hospital with minor injuries.
Shird was cited for unsafe movement.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return