BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Two Carteret County sisters are accused of calling in false prescriptions for each other.
Carteret County deputies and Beaufort Police handled the case.
Meredith Traister and Laura Macdonald, both of Beaufort, were charged with obtaining controlled substances by fraud or forgery.
Investigators tell us additional charges are pending.
Both sisters are in the Carteret County Jail. They are due in court on Thursday.
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets
- Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday