BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Two Carteret County sisters are accused of calling in false prescriptions for each other.
Carteret County deputies and Beaufort Police handled the case.
Meredith Traister and Laura Macdonald, both of Beaufort, were charged with obtaining controlled substances by fraud or forgery.
Investigators tell us additional charges are pending.
Both sisters are in the Carteret County Jail. They are due in court on Thursday.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community