BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Two Carteret County sisters are accused of calling in false prescriptions for each other.
Carteret County deputies and Beaufort Police handled the case.
Meredith Traister and Laura Macdonald, both of Beaufort, were charged with obtaining controlled substances by fraud or forgery.
Investigators tell us additional charges are pending.
Both sisters are in the Carteret County Jail. They are due in court on Thursday.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County