CHARLOTTE - (AP) - Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s sister says NASCAR's most popular driver could be back racing next week at Martinsville Speedway.
Earnhardt will miss his second consecutive race Sunday at Kansas because of two concussions suffered in a six-week span.
Kelley Earnhardt Miller wrote in a post Wednesday on JRNation.com that Earnhardt is on schedule to test a car early next week. If all goes well, said says he can race again Oct. 28 at Martinsville.
Earnhardt Miller says her brother has been resting per doctor orders, but has been allowed to watch some television and play some video games.
She was with Earnhardt on Tuesday when he went to Pittsburgh to see a specialist at the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County