UNION COUNTY - Authorities say the younger brother of country music singer Randy Travis is in custody for methamphetamine possession.
Union County sheriff's deputies say David "Butter" Traywick of Marshville was arrested last Thursday along with his wife during a raid at the family farm. Authorities identified the 49-year-old as the brother of the 53-year-old Grammy winning recording artist, who's recently had his own legal problems.
Travis, who lives in Texas and changed his name early in his music career, has been arrested at least three times in the last year. That includes an August arrest for driving while intoxicated, wrecking his car and then laying nude in the middle of a highway.
Traywick's arrest report says he is suspected of cooking meth in a makeshift lab in the woods near his home.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- New Freemont woman charged after breaking & entering incident