HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - The N.C. Center for Missing Persons has canceled a Silver Alert for a a Craven County man
The alert was canceled at 7:53 a.m. Wednesday for 28-year-old Steven Daniel Tompkins.
Police searched for Tompkins for much of Tuesday after he was last seen at 18 Donnell Ave. in Havelock. Tompkins is believed to be suffering from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race