Kinston, Lenoir County - Thursday morning the Kinston Department of Public Safety responded to a shots fired call at 523 Greenmead Drive in Kinston.
Officers arrived at the home at 1:40 a.m. Kathryne Teach, who lives at the home, told officers at about 12:15 a.m she heard several gunshots.
Teach said she later found a broken kitchen window and called 911.
Officers discovered several bullet holes in the exterior of the residence. There were no injuries. The incident is under investigation.
This is the 27th shooting incident the Kinston Department of Public Safety is investigating this year.
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news
- What has changed since the WDBJ shooting one year ago
- Calls grow for U.S. government to spend more