Kinston, Lenoir County - Thursday morning the Kinston Department of Public Safety responded to a shots fired call at 523 Greenmead Drive in Kinston.
Officers arrived at the home at 1:40 a.m. Kathryne Teach, who lives at the home, told officers at about 12:15 a.m she heard several gunshots.
Teach said she later found a broken kitchen window and called 911.
Officers discovered several bullet holes in the exterior of the residence. There were no injuries. The incident is under investigation.
This is the 27th shooting incident the Kinston Department of Public Safety is investigating this year.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend