Kinston, Lenoir County - Thursday morning the Kinston Department of Public Safety responded to a shots fired call at 523 Greenmead Drive in Kinston.
Officers arrived at the home at 1:40 a.m. Kathryne Teach, who lives at the home, told officers at about 12:15 a.m she heard several gunshots.
Teach said she later found a broken kitchen window and called 911.
Officers discovered several bullet holes in the exterior of the residence. There were no injuries. The incident is under investigation.
This is the 27th shooting incident the Kinston Department of Public Safety is investigating this year.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact