BETHEL, PITT COUNTY - A man is in jail in Pitt County on an attempted murder charge, after a shooting victim was found in a Bethel yard.
Anthony Jermaine Purvis shot William Michael Cherry in his upper leg, according to Bethel Police.
Bethel Police found the victim after hearing gunshots at approximately 5:40 p.m. while on patrol in the area of Smith and Jefferson Streets.
The officers found Cherry on a yard on Jefferson Street.
Cherry was treated and released from a Greenville hospital.
Purvis was given a $750,000 bond.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated