BETHEL, PITT COUNTY - A man is in jail in Pitt County on an attempted murder charge, after a shooting victim was found in a Bethel yard.
Anthony Jermaine Purvis shot William Michael Cherry in his upper leg, according to Bethel Police.
Bethel Police found the victim after hearing gunshots at approximately 5:40 p.m. while on patrol in the area of Smith and Jefferson Streets.
The officers found Cherry on a yard on Jefferson Street.
Cherry was treated and released from a Greenville hospital.
Purvis was given a $750,000 bond.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms