ONSLOW COUNTY - A woman charged in the murder of her boyfriend was found dead in Onslow County, investigators said.
Firefighters received a call of a carbon monoxide alarm being set off inside a home on Duffy Road near Richlands, the Onslow County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday. When crews arrived, they found 55-year-old Dee Trent Reifinger unresponsive in a vehicle parked in the garage, said investigators.
Reifinger was pronounced dead at the scene, the Sheriff's Office stated, adding that although Reifinger's death appeared to be self-inflicted, the investigation is ongoing.
Reifinger was charged with murder in the shooting death of her boyfriend, 59-year-old Michael Wayne Moon, investigators said. Deputies found Moon dead with a gunshot wound to the head on Aug. 21 2013 on Long Ridge Road near Pinetown, according to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping