JONES COUNTY - A man who goes by the name "Peaches and Cream" has been charged for allegedly making a bomb threat at a local gas station.
According to the Jones County Sheriff's Office, Jonathan Palmer, a.k.a. Peaches and Cream, went into the Handy Mart in Maysville on May 12. Palmer was intoxicated at the time and started arguing with customers, investigators said.
Palmer was told to leave. But before he left, he threatened that he had a bomb, the Sheriff's Office stated. Palmer then allegedly urinated in the parking lot of the Handy Mart.
Palmer left in a vehicle, but thanks to descriptions from witnesses, deputies stopped Palmer near Oliver's Crossroads and Highway 58 South, according to the Sheriff's Office. But Palmer became combative, prompting deputies to use a Taser on him, said investigators.
Palmer has been charged with felony false bomb report and the following misdemeanors: assault on a government official, communicating threats, resisting a public officer, being intoxicated and disruptive, indecent exposure, and probation violation.
A release from the Sheriff's Office calls Peaches and Cream "more sour than sweet."
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday