PITT & BEAUFORT COUNTIES - A man is in jail on a $500,000 bond in connection with what deputies say was inappropriate sexual contact with a child.
Deputies say Quentin Hines, 31, was arrested Monday; he's charged with two counts of first-degree statutory sex offense with a child and two counts of indecent liberties with a child.
The arrest comes after an investigation that began in late April 2013, when the mother of an eight year old reported the allegations to the sheriff's office, according to a news release. The investigation revealed that Hines had inappropriate sexual contact with the female from February through April, 2013.
Deputies say the acts occurred at two different locations in Pitt County, as well as, one location in Beaufort County.
Hines was placed in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond on the charges from Pitt County. Further charges are pending from the Washington Police Department.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints