SNOW HILL, GREENE COUNTY - A Greene County inmate will be facing new charges for allegedly attacking a jailer, causing a concussion and a fractured bone.
According to Sheriff Lemmie Smith, Officer Lonnie Meadows asked inmate Timothy King to get back into his cell Monday afternoon. But King then repeatedly punched Meadows in the face, Sheriff Smith said.
Meadows suffered a concussion and a fractured bone under his eye, said Sheriff Smith. He was treated at Vidant Medical Center and released. But Meadows will be out of work until a doctor approves his return, Sheriff Smith said.
King was being held on a charge of misdemeanor second-degree trespassing. But Sheriff Smith said King will likely face new charges for the attack on the detention officer.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton