SNOW HILL, GREENE COUNTY - A Greene County inmate will be facing new charges for allegedly attacking a jailer, causing a concussion and a fractured bone.
According to Sheriff Lemmie Smith, Officer Lonnie Meadows asked inmate Timothy King to get back into his cell Monday afternoon. But King then repeatedly punched Meadows in the face, Sheriff Smith said.
Meadows suffered a concussion and a fractured bone under his eye, said Sheriff Smith. He was treated at Vidant Medical Center and released. But Meadows will be out of work until a doctor approves his return, Sheriff Smith said.
King was being held on a charge of misdemeanor second-degree trespassing. But Sheriff Smith said King will likely face new charges for the attack on the detention officer.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.