HUBERT, ONSLOW COUNTY - Investigators said a man found dead during an Onslow County house fire was an isolated incident.
Authorities discovered the badly-burned body while fighting a fire at a home at 264 Parnell Road in Hubert Tuesday morning, according to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office. The call of the blaze came in at about 9:15 a.m.
According to the Medical Examiner's Office, the man had committed suicide. His body was so badly burned that it could not be initially identified.
It was unclear whether the victim died from the fire or from another cause. There was no word on how the blaze was started.
The Sheriff's Office stated that the incident was believed to be isolated and the surrounding community was not in danger.
In addition to the Sheriff's Office, the State Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were looking into the case.
- Updated What Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton have promised to do to Obamacare
- Updated ECU, Parmalee to collect money for flood victims in separate events
- New Mormon and gay: Church says that's no contradiction
- Updated NAACP: Noose put around black student's neck
- Kinston teen getting recognition by Nickelodeon