Lenoir County Sheriff Chris Hill says an attempted break-in at a business Thursday night does not appear to be related to the recent string in break-ins in Pitt County.
Major Ryan Dawson, with Lenoir County Sheriff's Office, says suspects tried to pry open the door of Stony Creek Outfitters, on Creek Road, near Grifton, overnight Thursday.
Dawson says the suspects pulled the power meter to kill the electricity, but the business' alarm still went off.
Deputies used canines to track the suspects. The dogs' track lead them to the discovery of a possible suspect, and detectives are continuing to investigate.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters