SEYMOUR JOHNSON AIR FORCE BASE, N.C - Neighbors of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base are being warned of increased noise from low-level jet flights during an upcoming exercise.
The Wayne County base says the 4th Fighter Wing is conducting an operational readiness exercise starting Monday that continues through Thursday.
Local residents are being told to expect increased jet noise, low-level flying and loudspeaker announcements throughout the day and possibly until 1 a.m. Entry and exit delays are possible at all gates during the exercise period.
Seymour Johnson says the exercise and additional F-15E Strike Eagle flying ensures base airmen are prepared to support overseas operations when they're needed.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike