Carteret County deputies have arrested a registered sex offender accused of using Facebook.
Christopher Matthew Jolin, 31, was arrested by deputies at his home in Newport for accessing and utilizing a social networking site as a registered sex offender. The use of social media violates sex offender registry conditions.
Jolin was registered as an offender in 2005 after being convicted of indecent liberties with a 14-year-old female. He has been placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $15,000 bond.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing