Carteret County deputies have arrested a registered sex offender accused of using Facebook.
Christopher Matthew Jolin, 31, was arrested by deputies at his home in Newport for accessing and utilizing a social networking site as a registered sex offender. The use of social media violates sex offender registry conditions.
Jolin was registered as an offender in 2005 after being convicted of indecent liberties with a 14-year-old female. He has been placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $15,000 bond.
- Updated 2 powerful earthquakes rattle Italy
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston
- Updated SkyWest Airlines pilot accused of operating aircraft while intoxicated
- City of New Bern to celebrate Third Avenue extension
- Ex-congressman: 'If Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket'