Carteret County deputies have arrested a registered sex offender accused of using Facebook.
Christopher Matthew Jolin, 31, was arrested by deputies at his home in Newport for accessing and utilizing a social networking site as a registered sex offender. The use of social media violates sex offender registry conditions.
Jolin was registered as an offender in 2005 after being convicted of indecent liberties with a 14-year-old female. He has been placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $15,000 bond.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica