Carteret County deputies have arrested a registered sex offender accused of using Facebook.
Christopher Matthew Jolin, 31, was arrested by deputies at his home in Newport for accessing and utilizing a social networking site as a registered sex offender. The use of social media violates sex offender registry conditions.
Jolin was registered as an offender in 2005 after being convicted of indecent liberties with a 14-year-old female. He has been placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $15,000 bond.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health