DUPLIN COUNTY - The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for parts of Duplin County.
The Severe Thunderstorm Warning for south central Duplin County will last until 6:15 p.m. Thursday.
At about 5:45 p.m., a severe thunderstorm moving at about 10 mph east of Wallace was reported. According to the NWS, quarter-sized hail and winds in excess of 58 mph are possible.
Chinquapin is in the path of the storm, the NWS reported.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend