HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - A four-car wreck at 4:05 P.M. Friday closed parts of Highway 101 in Havelock for an hour and 45 minutes.
Officers with the Havelock Police Department said that the accident occurred at the intersection of Highway 101 and Outer Banks Drive. Officers said that one person had to be cut out of their vehicle.
Officers said two people had to be airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. A third was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center. Officers said the extent of their injuries is unknown.
The Havelock Police Department is investigating the cause of the crash. They said they expect their investigation to be complete by early next week.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter