TRENTON - Seven people were sent to the hospital, Saturday, after a single vehicle rollover crash in Jones County.
Troopers said 29-year-old Eduardo Olvera of Kinley was driving South on Highway 58 at 1:30 p.m. two and a half miles South of Trenton when he rolled his F-250 truck. The truck ran off the road to the right, Olvera over-corrected and then went off the left side of the road, hit a ditch, and rolled the truck once.
Troopers said seven people were in the truck at the time. One young child under the age of 4 was sitting in the front seat without any safety restraints.
All of the occupants were taken to the hospital. Five of the people in the crash had minor injuries, two refused injury.
Troopers said speed was a factor in the accident.
Olvera is charged with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, unrestrained child, and open container after consuming. Olvera was not charged with DWI.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- New Bus driver charged in Greenville Boulevard crash that killed man