TRENTON - Seven people were sent to the hospital, Saturday, after a single vehicle rollover crash in Jones County.
Troopers said 29-year-old Eduardo Olvera of Kinley was driving South on Highway 58 at 1:30 p.m. two and a half miles South of Trenton when he rolled his F-250 truck. The truck ran off the road to the right, Olvera over-corrected and then went off the left side of the road, hit a ditch, and rolled the truck once.
Troopers said seven people were in the truck at the time. One young child under the age of 4 was sitting in the front seat without any safety restraints.
All of the occupants were taken to the hospital. Five of the people in the crash had minor injuries, two refused injury.
Troopers said speed was a factor in the accident.
Olvera is charged with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, unrestrained child, and open container after consuming. Olvera was not charged with DWI.
- Updated FEMA releases county-by-county numbers on money distributed
- Updated Poll of Polls: Clinton lead holds steady
- Updated Make-A-Wish Eastern N.C. grants Onslow County child's wish
- Updated Tesla posts rare profit, stock pops 6%
- Updated Clinton camp wants donors to give resources to Senate majority