The U.S Senate approved a deal early Tuesday morning that would avoid the fiscal cliff, a set of steep spending cuts and tax hikes set to kick off at the start of 2013.
The U.S. House, however, would not vote on the deal until Tuesday afternoon at the earliest, sources said.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria