The U.S Senate approved a deal early Tuesday morning that would avoid the fiscal cliff, a set of steep spending cuts and tax hikes set to kick off at the start of 2013.
The U.S. House, however, would not vote on the deal until Tuesday afternoon at the earliest, sources said.
- Updated Manchester attack: What we know and don't know
- Former Windsor police officer convicted for role in narcotics ring
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck