MANNS HARBOR - The Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry route and terminals will be part of security exercise drills.
Officials with the state Transportation Department say the drills being held Sunday will assist in evaluating and enhancing ferry system security. Similar drills have been held over the past several years.
Local and federal agencies also are participating in the drills, including the Transportation Security Administration; law enforcement and emergency services agencies from Dare and Hyde counties; and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Updated Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her