RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The fourth annual "SECU Supports the Troops Campaign" kicks off on Monday.
All 250 statewide branches of the State Employees' Credit Union (SECU) will be collecting "wish list" items to provide holiday care packages for North Carolina deployed soldiers.
The goal of the campaign is to pack 5,000 gift boxes, which will include travel-sized toiletries, first aid items, snacks, and 'thank you' cards. SECU will also be accepting monetary donations to assist with shipping expenses.
The campaign will run through Oct. 31.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend