RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The fourth annual "SECU Supports the Troops Campaign" kicks off on Monday.
All 250 statewide branches of the State Employees' Credit Union (SECU) will be collecting "wish list" items to provide holiday care packages for North Carolina deployed soldiers.
The goal of the campaign is to pack 5,000 gift boxes, which will include travel-sized toiletries, first aid items, snacks, and 'thank you' cards. SECU will also be accepting monetary donations to assist with shipping expenses.
The campaign will run through Oct. 31.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her