CRAVEN COUNTY - The second person victim has been identified in a New Bern deadly shooting.
26-year-old James Antonio King, of the 1400 block of Mockingbird Lane, New Bern, N.C. King was treated and released from Carolina East Medical Center.
Gregory Brimmage, 56, was found dead in the parking lot of Craven Terrace on Bryant Street in New Bern after an overnight shooting.
"A guy come up from the projects and my cousin was parked in the parking lot," said Brimmage's cousin William Hall. "Next thing I know I hear pow and a pow, pow, pow, and then I go to the car and my cousin dead. Then the guy said oh he shot me and I said oh man this can't be real."
"It's a great loss it is a great loss it's a tragedy because you know death hurts either way it comes, but it's a difference when someone takes someone's life," cried Brimmage's sister Lillie.
Brimmage leaves behind a wife and three children. He's described as a loving person, who was a father figure to many in the community.
Police responded to the Craven Terrace public housing complex around 12:15 a.m. after getting a call of shots fired.
Police are still investigating
Anyone with helpful information are asked to contact the police TIP line at 252-636-5034 or the Craven Crime Stoppers at 252-633-5141
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria