ONSLOW COUNTY - A second man has been charged for allegedly raping an 11-year-old girl on the night of her birthday. A 17-year-old is already charged in the case.
Kyle Edward Day, 22, of Holly Drive in Jacksonville, was arrested Friday. He is charged with one count of First-Degree Statutory Rape on a Child, one count of Statutory Rape of a Person who is 15 years old and two counts of Indecent Liberties with a Child.
Forest Michael Lake, 17, was turned in to authorities by his mother Wednesday afternoon, Onslow County deputies said. The Sneads Ferry resident was charged with three counts of first-degree statutory rape on a child and three counts of indecent liberties with a child.
In early April, deputies say Day and Lake, who are half-brothers, had sex with the then 11-year-old victim while she spent her birthday at a friend's house. Day and Lake are brothers of the victim's friend. Throughout April, Lake allegedly had sex with the victim two more times, deputies said.
Day faces the additional charge of one count of Statutory Rape of a Person who is 15 years old for an alleged offense on another victim. Deputies say in June, Day and a 15-year-old broke into a house in Topsail Beach and had sex.
- Updated Dog recovering after being hit by hunting arrow
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'