BEAUFORT INLET, CARTERET COUNTY - The Coast Guard has ended its search for a diver who went missing off the Crystal Coast.
The 65-year-old diver was last seen early Friday afternoon, about 35 miles south of Beaufort Inlet.
Coast Guard boats and a helicopter searched for the man throughout the weekend.
A Coast Guard official said crews found no signs of the diver despite searching almost 900 square miles. As a result, the search was called off.
The identity of the missing 65-year-old diver has not been released.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday