CRAVEN COUNTY - A local school hosted a charity basketball game Thursday to benefit an Airman battling cancer.
West Craven Middle School hosted a "West Side Pride" Charity Basketball Game Thursday afternoon. All proceeds are going to Leigh Nobles, who is suffering from leukemia.
Nobles, a 2007 graduate of West Craven High School, is an Airman First Class in the U.S. Airforce who was stationed in England. But he was diagnosed with leukemia after his annual physical.
His mother, Sheila Nobles, is an exceptional children teaching assistant at West Craven High School.
- Updated Aftershocks after 2 powerful quakes in central Italy
- Updated Calais Jungle: Children have 'nowhere to go'
- Updated Apple expected to launch first MacBook Pro in 4 years
- Updated After one alleged attack reported, more follow in UW-Madison sex assault case
- Updated Clinton turns to local radio in her campaign's final days