GRIFTON, PITT COUNTY - A Pitt County school bus driver has been suspended, after her bus was involved in a wreck with a tractor-trailer Thursday afternoon, officials said.
According to the public information officer for Pitt County Schools, Lillian Carmen was suspended with pay. Carmen was also charged with failure to yield. Investigators said her school bus collided with a tractor-trailer at the corner of E. Hanrahan Rd. & Stokestown-St Johns Rd. in Grifton. EMS crews said they got the call at about 3:02 p.m.
According to emergency officials, no one was injured. But students said it was a frightening experience.
"It was pretty scary... as the tires blew, the lights start falling off and it just blew out," said Treybian Hill, a Grifton Elementary six-grader who was riding the bus.
The bus driver was getting tested for drugs as part of protocol.
The tractor-trailer involved in the wreck is from Evans Transport LLC, based out of Washington.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month