ONSLOW, PENDER COUNTIES - A scheduled power outage was planned for parts of Onslow and Pender counties Tuesday morning.
Jones Onslow EMC will update transmission lines at the Topsail substation. The transmission lines are at least 30 years old, and serve almost 6,000 customers.
The renovations were scheduled to begin 8:30 Tuesday morning.
The outage will affect all customers in the Town of Topsail Beach and in the Surf City area along Roland Avenue and New River Drive to the Surf City town limit.
It will also affect the areas of Little Kinston and members along Highway 50 from the draw bridge to the Food Lion shopping center.
All members should have power restored within 3 hours.
In case of inclement weather, the outage will occur Wednesday, October 30.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings