WASHINGTON - (AP) - U.S. government data shows that since the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, employment numbers have barely budged for the disabled.
Labor statistics show that of the 29 million working-age Americans with a disability, 5.2 million are employed.
That's 18 percent of the disabled population and is down from 20 percent four years ago. Jeff Rosen of the National Council on Disability says longstanding prejudicial attitudes need to be addressed.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe