FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - A sergeant based in South Carolina has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting adult and child victims in North Carolina.
U.S. Marshals arrested Oscar Rodriguez, 34, in Puerto Rico early Friday. Rodriguez is awaiting extradition to Harnett County. Rodriguez was a staff sergeant based at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C.
He is accused of forcibly entering the bedrooms of two Harnett County victims and engaging in multiple sexual assaults between last summer and New Year's Eve.
The Army has charged Rodriguez with desertion.
He is being charged with three counts of indecent liberties with a child, two counts of second-degree rape, two counts of second-degree sex offense, one count of sexual battery, two counts of crimes against nature and four counts of first-degree burglary.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community