FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - A sergeant based in South Carolina has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting adult and child victims in North Carolina.
U.S. Marshals arrested Oscar Rodriguez, 34, in Puerto Rico early Friday. Rodriguez is awaiting extradition to Harnett County. Rodriguez was a staff sergeant based at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C.
He is accused of forcibly entering the bedrooms of two Harnett County victims and engaging in multiple sexual assaults between last summer and New Year's Eve.
The Army has charged Rodriguez with desertion.
He is being charged with three counts of indecent liberties with a child, two counts of second-degree rape, two counts of second-degree sex offense, one count of sexual battery, two counts of crimes against nature and four counts of first-degree burglary.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way