KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - The SBI and the Lenoir County fire marshal are investigating what caused a blaze that gutted a business.
G.W. Piner Trucking, on Wheat St. in Kinston, caught fire at about 8:30 p.m. Monday, according to the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office, which is helping with the investigation. The interior of the business was destroyed, authorities said.
The large building contained many maintenance and mechanical items for trucks, making it difficult to determine the cause and origin of the fire, investigators said.
Although the fire marshal has not called the fire an arson, an SBI arson team was on scene to assist.
No injuries were reported, investigators said.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating