LENOIR COUNTY - Fire officials in Lenoir county confirmed The State Bureau of Investigation and Lenoir County Sheriff's deputies were headed to the scene of a suspicious fire to investigate the cause.
The preliminary investigation shows the fire is suspicious, a sheriff's official said.
The fire was reported Sunday around 6:30 p.m. on Dogwood Lane, which is west of Kinston.
The structure, which suffered moderate to severe damage, is a two-family home, a fire official said.
No one was hurt.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War