BRIDGETON - Police are looking for three men who robbed a salon and pistol-whipped the owner.
The robbery happened at Salon 901 in Bridgeton Wednesday night.
The owner, Charles Freeman, had just walked out a friend when the three men rushed the salon.
"I was going to lock the door behind him and they rushed in. I think they were probably watching," Freeman said.
Freeman said once inside, the men demanded money and valuables, then started to get violent, threatening Freeman with their guns. At one point, Freeman said he was able to escape to the parking lot, but was dragged back inside by the robbers.
"At first I was scared," he said. "But then the rage came over me and I thought, 'If I'm going to get killed, then I'm going down fighting,'"
Freeman said he was able to wrestle one of the men's guns away from him, but that's when he said they pulled out a handgun and hit Freeman in the face several times, leaving a bruise across his eye.
The three men made off with cash and Freeman's wallet.
Police are still searching for the men, who were driving a PT Cruiser-type vehicle.
Anyone with information should call Bridgeton Police at (252) 637-2033.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter