FAYETTEVILLE - Health officials are worried cases from a salmonella outbreak traced to a Fayetteville hotel may spread nationwide.
Officials tell The Fayetteville Observer that 51 people who ate since May 1 at the Holiday Inn Bordeaux's banquet facilities along with its café and sports bar have been sickened. Five of them have had to be hospitalized.
State Health Director Laura Gerald says the hotel is along Interstate 95, meaning victims of the illness could be anywhere.
Investigators have not determined which food was contaminated.
The salmonella bacteria caused nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, and symptoms begin within a day to three days of infection.
- Updated Women's golf tournament will stay at Trump-owned course -- for now
- New Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston