FAYETTEVILLE - Health officials are worried cases from a salmonella outbreak traced to a Fayetteville hotel may spread nationwide.
Officials tell The Fayetteville Observer that 51 people who ate since May 1 at the Holiday Inn Bordeaux's banquet facilities along with its café and sports bar have been sickened. Five of them have had to be hospitalized.
State Health Director Laura Gerald says the hotel is along Interstate 95, meaning victims of the illness could be anywhere.
Investigators have not determined which food was contaminated.
The salmonella bacteria caused nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, and symptoms begin within a day to three days of infection.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president