CRAVEN COUNTY - Part of Highway 17 in Craven County near Bridgeton was shut down for almost two hours Tuesday night, when a rollover wreck ended with four people injured and sent to the hospital.
State troopers said the crash happened around 8:20 p.m. about a mile south of Aurora Road.
Investigators said a car collided head on with a truck. The was going around another car that had hit a deer and stopped. The truck flipped upside down and landed in the middle of the road.
Troopers said one person in the truck was taken to Carolina East Hospital and three people in the car were taken to Vidant Medical Center in an ambulance. Troopers said three children were inside the car. Investigators believe the injuries are not life threatening.
No charges have been filed at this time.
The road reopened shortly before 10:00 p.m Tuesday. Investigators are interviewing witnesses to determine what exactly went wrong.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County