KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Two men were on the run Monday after police say the suspects held up employees at a Kinston Taco Bell.
The incident was reported around 11 p.m. Sunday at the Taco Bell located on 1806 West Vernon Avenue, according to patrol commander Tim Dilday.
Three employees were in the restaurant at the time. They told police two men armed with handguns entered the building demanding money.
An undisclosed amount of cash was stolen.
"I suspected something when I came on because the trash was on the floor," Vernon Clark, a Taco Bell employee said.
Clark was not working when the robbery happened, but found out about the incident when he went to work Monday morning.
"It was a mess," he said.
There were no injuries reported. Police are investigating the robbery.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight