KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Two men were on the run Monday after police say the suspects held up employees at a Kinston Taco Bell.
The incident was reported around 11 p.m. Sunday at the Taco Bell located on 1806 West Vernon Avenue, according to patrol commander Tim Dilday.
Three employees were in the restaurant at the time. They told police two men armed with handguns entered the building demanding money.
An undisclosed amount of cash was stolen.
"I suspected something when I came on because the trash was on the floor," Vernon Clark, a Taco Bell employee said.
Clark was not working when the robbery happened, but found out about the incident when he went to work Monday morning.
"It was a mess," he said.
There were no injuries reported. Police are investigating the robbery.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo