RENTON, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says an irate driver apparently whacked a man in the shoulder with a small sledge hammer in a road rage dispute.
Trooper Julie Startup says authorities responded early Tuesday to a report of a two-car collision on State Route 167 in the Renton area. They found a 33-year-old Renton man rubbing his left shoulder.
The man, who was driving a Nissan 300ZX, said he'd been hit in the shoulder by the driver of a minivan.
Startup says the Nissan and minivan drivers described a lane change and some aggressive driving that ended with their vehicles colliding.
Brett Carter of Bothell was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of assault. The unidentified Nissan driver was cited with negligent driving.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend