NEW BERN - An altered traffic pattern will be in effect for a portion of Neuse Boulevard on Wednesday and Saturday this week. The road will be closed to through traffic during road work.
Workers will begin pre-cutting the pavement on parts of Neuse on Wednesday, which will close parts of the road from 9 p.m. Wednesday until 5 a.m. Thursday.
The installation of the new water main piping will begin this weekend at the intersection of First Street and Neuse Boulevard.
In order to safely facilitate this operation the intersection will have to be closed to through traffic from 9 p.m. Saturday until 11 a.m. Sunday.
During both of these closures detours will be in place to assist motorists in navigating around the work zone (see map above). Properties located between the work zone and road closure barricades will be assessable to local traffic only, but no through traffic will be permitted through the work zone.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results