HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - The Havelock Public Services Department has begun working on more than a dozen roads that need crack sealing.
Crack sealing is used as a first defense against pavement deterioration, officials said. The roadwork started Monday morning.
The following streets are being worked on: Chadwick Avenue, Lee Drive, Shipman Road, Webb Boulevard, Woodhaven Drive, Rice Lane, Village Court, Kyle Drive, Tarheel Drive, Sanders Lane Wolfpack Court, Panther Trail, Pirates Lane and Dogwood Street
The roadwork will be finished by Nov. 15, city officials said.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County