ONSLOW COUNTY - Troopers said a Richlands woman died Sunday afternoon after her car hit a utility pole and rolled over.
The Highway Patrol said Maxine Cummings, 55, of Gum Branch Road in Richlands, was traveling south on Gum Branch road when the vehicle she was driving ran off the road, hit a utility pole, and flipped on its side. Troopers said it happened shortly after 12:30 in the afternoon near the intersection of Cow Horne road in Onslow County.
Troopers said alcohol and speed were not factors in the crash. The investigation, as to the cause of the crash, is ongoing.
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan