CHARLOTTE - Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has met with the Republican leaders of the North Carolina Senate to talk about improvements for the team's stadium in Charlotte.
The Charlotte Observer reported that Richardson went to Raleigh for the meeting on Tuesday.
Rockingham Sen. Phil Berger would not talk about what he and Richardson discussed during the meeting.
Berger is the last of the key state leaders Richardson has met with to try to get about $62 million in state help for a planned $250 million renovation.
Richardson met last month with Gov. Pat McCrory and House Speaker Thom Tillis. McCrory is the former mayor of Charlotte.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend