RALEIGH - Governor Perdue's office is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who murdered a local Bojangles manager.
Ken Leefe was found dead in his car in June 2010, in the parking lot of the Bojangles he managed in Little Baltimore, just outside La Grange.
Lenoir County deputies say Leefe had just closed his restaurant when he was shot in the abdomen. It happened the day before he would have turned 56 years old.
Neither Leefe nor his restaurant was robbed and a motive is unknown.
Investigators says a dark colored Mazda stopped near Leefe's car then sped away the night of the murder.
The president of Busted Locals says he will match the governor's reward.
Busted Locals is a publication showing mug shots of criminal suspects in Eastern North Carolina.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend