GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - An elderly driver crashed her car into a Greenville Hooters Monday afternoon, the restaurant manager said. It's the city's third collision into a building since July.
The accident happened at the Hooters at 316 Greenville Blvd. SW. According to the restaurant manager, an elderly woman in her 90s was pulling out of the parking lot. But another vehicle then hit her car, causing it to crash into the restaurant.
The car plowed through the patio fencing and knocked down a support pole for the patio's roof.
NewsChannel 12 is waiting to hear from police to learn if anyone was injured or if charges will be filed.
This is Greenville's third vehicle-into-building collision since mid-July. On Aug. 8, a car crashed into Ulta Cosmetics near the intersection of Greenville Boulevard and Evan Street. According to witnesses, the vehicle pinned a cashier.
On July 12, a car crashed into the Greenville mall. Police said the female driver was not taken to a hospital and no one else was injured.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal