ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies said they are looking for two men who forced themselves into an Onslow County home and held the residents at gunpoint.
According to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, the home invasion happened at about 5:45 p.m. Tuesday on the 1800 block of Rocky Run Road just east of Jacksonville.
The two residents told deputies that two black males wearing masks entered the home and held them at gunpoint, while demanding prescription medications and money.
Investigators said the two residents were tied up and the robbers ransacked the home, taking several items.
The two victims were eventually able to free themselves and called the Sheriff's Office after the robbers escaped, deputies said. The victims were not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Sgt. Watkins, Lt. Mark Scott or Maj. Jon Lewis at the Onslow County Sheriff's Office at 910-455-3113. Those with tips can also call Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings