ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies said they are looking for two men who forced themselves into an Onslow County home and held the residents at gunpoint.
According to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, the home invasion happened at about 5:45 p.m. Tuesday on the 1800 block of Rocky Run Road just east of Jacksonville.
The two residents told deputies that two black males wearing masks entered the home and held them at gunpoint, while demanding prescription medications and money.
Investigators said the two residents were tied up and the robbers ransacked the home, taking several items.
The two victims were eventually able to free themselves and called the Sheriff's Office after the robbers escaped, deputies said. The victims were not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Sgt. Watkins, Lt. Mark Scott or Maj. Jon Lewis at the Onslow County Sheriff's Office at 910-455-3113. Those with tips can also call Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273.
- Updated Tornado warnings issued for Duplin, Tyrrell, Dare counties.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Seven Springs man dies after fight with detention officers