An osprey rescued from a cell phone tower in New Bern is healing from its injuries at a rehabilitation center.
The bird became stuck on the tower while trying to help another stranded osprey, experts said.
NewsChannel 12 attached a camera to a rescuer on Thursday, as he freed the bird. Its wings were weak but nothing was broken, just some possible nerve damage.
The bird was taken to the Carolina Raptor Center in Charlotte. It will be there for about 6 months.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend