Repeat sex offender arrested for alleged exposure to children
A Carteret County sex offender has been arrested again for allegedly exposing himself to children.
"He's a predator," Krista Bradt said of her neighbor, 60-year-old Robert Hughes Springle.
"It's not the first time, and it won't be the last time," Bradt said.
Deputies said they arrested Springle, of Newport, on Sept. 20. According to investigators, Springle stood naked and exposed himself to three children under the age of 16 through a window of his home. The alleged incident happened on Sept. 16.
Springle has been charged with one count of felony indecent exposure in the presence of a child under the age of 16. He was being held under a $50,000 bond.
The suspect already has three prior indecent exposure charges pending trial in Carteret County, records show.
Some of the delays were requested by Springle's attorney.
The above picture presents a sample of Springle's mugshots over the years.
The felony charges will be presented to a grand jury next month, according to Carteret County's District Attorney Scott Thomas.
Springle was previously convicted of engaging in a lewd and lascivious act of indecent exposure in front of a child in 1988 and in 2004 in Florida. He was transferred to the North Carolina Sex Offender Registry in 2007 for the Florida conviction. Springle is considered a recidivist in N.C. and must remain on the registry for life.
For more information on Springle and other sex offenders in your area visit: sexoffender.ncdoj.gov.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.