JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Two men previously arrested on drug charges are back in police custody.
Detectives found Nickey Yates and Pantelis Medonis in a Jacksonville motel Friday.
Yates was wanted for outstanding warrants for probation violations, as well as drug violations.
Police believe Yates and Medonis fled from probation earlier this week.
Yates is being held on a $1,100,000 bond and Mendonis is being held on a $1,000,000 at the Onslow County Jail.
Yates made headlines in 2010, when he was accused of killing his neighbor and stealing her prescription pain pills.
He was found not guilty in that case.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Updated NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue