BROWN SUMMIT - The skeletal remains of a 57-year-old woman reported missing last spring have been found in a wooded area of Guilford County.
Sheriff B.J. Barnes says deer hunters found the remains of Nancy Twyman Jenkins at around 10:30 a.m. Monday in a thicket about a half a mile from the woman's home.
Jenkins was last seen May 31, and her vehicle and other personal belongings were still at her home. Barnes says deputies had responded to a suspicious call at the home but didn't release further information.
An autopsy is pending to determine how Jenkins died. Sheriff's Maj. Tom Sheppard said there had been no effort to conceal the remains, which still were clothed.
- Updated Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Updated Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies
- Potential Solar Farm stirring up controversy in Jones County
- Onslow County teachers participate in MindUP training