NEW YORK - There has been a recall by Yankee Candle of its Luminous Collection fragrance candles, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission
On it's website, the CPSC reports when the candle is lit, the glass jar can crack, posing a laceration hazard. Yankee Candle has received 16 reports of the glass jar cracking, according to ABC affiliate WTVD. There have been no injuries reported.
The candles were available for purchase at Yankee Candle stores nationwide and online from September-November of this year at around $35. Consumers are encouraged to stop using the candles and contact Yankee Candle at (877) 803-6890 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m ET Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET Saturday and Sunday. You can also go to www.yankeecandle.com and click on "Luminous Candle Collection: Safety Notice" at the top of the page for more information.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend