NATIONWIDE - Nearly 20,000 Craftsman brand chainsaws are being recalled. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission says the chain saws can leak fuel posing a fire hazard.
This recall involves Craftsman-branded chainsaws powered by a two-cycle gasoline engine ranging in size from 42cc to 46cc.
Chainsaws included in the recall have model numbers 41AY427S799 316.38070, 41AY429S799 316.38090, 41AY462S799 316.38098 and 41AY469S799 316.38188, and serial numbers 1K155XQ0198 through 1F076XQ0200; and were manufactured between November 15, 2015 and June 7, 2016.
The chainsaws were sold at Ace Hardware, Atwoods, Orchard Hardware, Sears, and OSH.com.
If you own one of the recalled chainsaws, you should stop using the item immediately and contact MTD Southwest's Craftsman recall line for instructions on obtaining a free replacement chainsaw.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures