NATIONWIDE - Nearly 20,000 Craftsman brand chainsaws are being recalled. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission says the chain saws can leak fuel posing a fire hazard.
This recall involves Craftsman-branded chainsaws powered by a two-cycle gasoline engine ranging in size from 42cc to 46cc.
Chainsaws included in the recall have model numbers 41AY427S799 316.38070, 41AY429S799 316.38090, 41AY462S799 316.38098 and 41AY469S799 316.38188, and serial numbers 1K155XQ0198 through 1F076XQ0200; and were manufactured between November 15, 2015 and June 7, 2016.
The chainsaws were sold at Ace Hardware, Atwoods, Orchard Hardware, Sears, and OSH.com.
If you own one of the recalled chainsaws, you should stop using the item immediately and contact MTD Southwest's Craftsman recall line for instructions on obtaining a free replacement chainsaw.
- Stevenson Automotive owner remembered as animal lover with big heart
- Beach replenishment program ready to begin in Carteret Co.
- ECU senior not slowing down despite breast cancer battle
- Updated Army vet who was sexually assaulted finds healing by running
- Greenville police investigate drive-by shooting